Monday, March 18, 2013

Fall 2013 Review - Part 2 - London & Milan



 London week showed a refreshing sense of humor. They have a quirky vibe that is decidedly London, where when they do retro it's more sassy than when anyone else does it. Designers like Vivienne Westwood are always off center in the best way, and even Tom Ford who I don't think of as quirky by any means got in on the act with a comic inspired collection...



Vivienne Westwood

Tom Ford
 
 
 
Though neither of the above made it into my favorites from London, they are always great fun to see. I didn't have many pins from London as it turns out, here they are:
Temperley London Fall 2013
Temperly London - always chic


Burberry Prorsum: some pretty nifty men's shoes
 
Christopher Kane
 
L'Wren Scott - Fall 2013

I generally love L'Wren Scott, she went a bit too literal with her Klimt inspired collection for me here, but this dress stood out on it's own






Milan is always a bit more colorful, they tend to use lots of prints and embellishments which I love.
DSquared
Roberto Cavalli

Roberto Cavalli

Aquilano Rimondi

Salvatore Ferragamo - no prints or embellishments here, just clean and modern.
Versace Fall 2013
Some Punk influence @ Versace

Luisa Beccaria Fall 2013
Luisa Beccaria had a beautiful modern take of a 30's Gatsby-esque collection






One of the best and the stand out was Dolce & Gabanna, who showed my favorite collection of the season. Thus reminding me why they are my all time favorite designer.






Classic Dolce & Gabbana this season, and a perfect representative of Milan Fashion.





Coming up is Part 3 - Paris, which needs it's own post for sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment