Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inspiration Page 53


This page is really about feminine touches... (I'm also really loving the clean mixture of the gold, silver white and blue.) I love the blue velvet jacket with it's delicate buttons. It's just screaming to be worn open over a flowery lightweight dress as much as it's begging to be paired with a simple white tank, layers of chain necklaces - throw in a beaded strand or two - and your favorite jeans. Feminine pieces are really what makes being a girl and dressing up so luxurious.
When I look over this page, I immediately go to the earrings at the bottom corner, I remember when this style of earring - namely the suspended faceted colored jewel - was everywhere. It must have been the early 2000's and though they were born of a trend I still find them just as pretty and classic as I did then. This is a perfect example of how these fashion "journals" are so helpful. Reflecting on what was inspiring to me, or simply what caught my eye years ago - really helps me understand my own style and gain a more discerning eye for new classics and good investment items.

No comments:

Post a Comment